Manual PSD to HTML Slicing
In case you cannot afford to hire a specialist, you may need background information of the main steps of the conversion, needed for the successful result.
- Analyse your files and get the main idea. It will be less complicated to work once you have studied the design and layout of the pages. Arrange the header, body and footer properly, think where you will place images beforehand, in order to preclude unpleasant non-compliance of the plan and the final result. Work in pixel units.
- Convert PSD to HTML. This is the most difficult step, which needs experience and patience. Slice the file into layers and make sure you have saved all the necessary files such as content, images, header separately. Buttons and links can be inserted into the file later.
- The next step to be done is to add content to the pages. That requires skills too, besides, skills in writing and expressing the main concept of your website.
- Test the work. It is a very meaningful point, as you should be sure of the compatibility of the web page with most popular browsers, operation systems and resolutions. How many people will stay longer on your page? It depends a lot on this stage.
Optimize your Website
Having managed the procedure of PSD to HTML conversion, you may think the work is done, however, it is thoroughly wrong. Actually, the optimization phase is to be accomplished now.
- Firstly, check the validity of your code with the help of the W3C markup Validation Service (validator.w3.org).
- Secondly, it is significant to outline the right keywords and make your site barrier free for the search engine crawlers, in other words to make it SEO friendly. Including the relevant keywords and tags means qualitative content. Note that the unique, interesting and relevant content along with representative design will make your project more prosperous than you may expect it.
- Last but not least, try to refrain from using Java scripts and Flash, since it can cause longer page load times. For this reason, optimize your images - small-sized graphics will improve the overall performance of your website.
So it is up to you to decide if you take a risk of a software conversion, master it yourself or rely on the experts in this field. If you manage all the steps, congratulations, you are on the way to successful SEO and user friendly future! In the case you miss the right qualifications, trust the work to a skilled web developer to get the highest quality.
Anyway, having chosen PSD to HTML conversion you make a further step to the fabulous design and markup according to the W3 Consortium, thus you lay the foundation for an effective promising project.